At least three meals a day, and don’t give up on breakfast. Learn to shop without waste. Many portions of fruit and vegetables for lunch and dinner. Do not over do the consumption of meat.
Eat healthy and spend little : this is one of the goals of a lifestyle inspired by our diptych Do not waste. It is not difficult, and once it becomes a habit, you will never be able to give it up. For the pleasure and well-being it entails. Eating healthy does not only mean choosing the best foods for this result, but also having regular meal times , having “appetite-breaking” snacks and not giving up physical activity.
HOW TO EAT HEALTHY
What does it mean to eat healthy? Someone, mistakenly, links this concept to the idea of eating little, very little, and losing weight . It is not so. Eating healthy means protecting your health , and therefore we can consider it as the most important form of prevention. Without renouncing the pleasure of food , taste and authenticity of the products.
HOW TO SPEND LITTLE TO EAT
Eating healthy, from this point of view, is a choice of balance, not a mental obsession that then stresses you and makes you feel like an alien. Balance, for example in the weights relative to the derivation of the calories needed by our body: 50-60 percent from carbohydrates, 20 percent from protein, and yet another 20 percent from fat . This is why, if you keep these numbers in mind, it becomes almost automatic to consider the Mediterranean diet as the healthiest of all.
HOW TO EAT WELL
But healthy eating isn’t just related to the quality and quantity of food. It also concerns the ways in which we eat (swallowing in a hurry, or perhaps being glued to a smartphone, is simply not good), the times (too long fasting is counterproductive) and even the choice of company (being comfortable at the table with others increases the well-being of good food).
Saving on food shopping costs without having to give up on healthy eating is possible. The ongoing economic crisis has forced us to review our habits and our lifestyle even when we go shopping. As a survey conducted by Astra Ricerche notes, 40 percent of Italians have reduced their food consumption over the last two years and 90 percent have implemented a whole series of anti-crisis and above all anti-waste behaviors. including the purchase of fewer products but above all those discounted or in promotion.
DIET FOR HEALTHY EATING
So it takes very little to eat healthily without spending large sums and above all without sacrificing the quality of food: all with an eye to diet . In fact, there are a great variety of inexpensive but high nutritional value foods. Here are some simple tips for nutritionally rich but cost-effective shopping :
- Eat at least three meals a day without ever neglecting breakfast .
- For lunch and dinner, choose mainly products of plant origin such as seasonal fruit and vegetables, legumes and cereals, even better if produced locally in the markets of the direct farmers in the city.
- Try not to miss at least 5 portions a day of fruit and vegetables. Pay a visit to the market when the stalls close: you will find vegetables and fruit at even lower prices.
- Always introduce, at lunch or dinner, at least a portion of cereals and derivatives such as bread , pasta, rice, corn or potatoes . Also add a good portion of vegetables, cooked or raw.
- The classic pasta with tomato sauce . Very quick to prepare, it is a complete and economical dish. Good and inexpensive toppings: the classic one with tomato and basil, olive oil and grated cheese.
- Ban ready meals and calorie snacks and at least twice a week, make sure that legumes appear in your diet . Space therefore for chickpeas, beans, lentils, broad beans and peas . Do not forget that with cereals you can also create many tasty unique dishes such as pasta and beans , easy to prepare, healthy and decidedly low cost.
- Do not overdo the consumption of meat , just eat it once / twice a week and preferably white. Same thing for the fish. Do not consume too many sausages , dairy products and cheeses. Also avoid buying cold cuts already sliced and in trays: they generally cost more than those requested at the counter. Also, this way you will avoid buying more than the amount you need. The best alternative to meat? Legumes: they can be prepared as a first or second course. The legume soup with a handful of rice or barley or the chickpea burger accompanied by a vegetable side dish is excellent.
WHAT TO EAT AS HEALTHY FOOD?
Surely the list of healthy foods must include fruit, vegetables, legumes, extra virgin olive oil, fish and white meat. But other foods can also help a lot to have a healthy diet, while some products, such as sugary sodas , are really harmful.
- Eggs, cheap proteins. They can be cooked in many ways. Enjoy them fried in a drizzle of oil accompanied by a side dish of vegetables (for example asparagus), in the form of a zucchini or onion omelette or boiled in a fresh salad. Choose small eggs, cheaper, but little different from large ones.
- Where possible, choose tap water and avoid the consumption of carbonated or sugary drinks , which are unhealthy.
- Prefer the use of extra virgin olive oil both for cooking and as a raw condiment. Also plan your weekly menu by writing a shopping list: you will arrive at the store with a list of the things you really need in mind and you will avoid being enchanted by the various promotions in progress, which are not very convenient if the food purchased remains in the fridge.
- Try to reuse everything you have available . For example, if the strawberries are too ripe you can reuse them to create a tasty homemade ice cream . The leftover vegetables for dinner instead become the basic ingredient for a delicious risotto.
- Finally, how can we fail to remind you that healthy eating habits must always be accompanied by some physical activity, preferably outdoors . The more you walk or run during the week, the more positive health benefits you have. As recent research finds, both running and walking lower blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes .
HOW DO YOU WANT TO EAT HEALTHY FOOD?
Eating healthy food doesn’t have to be a constraint or a duty . But simply a desire and a pleasure. As usual, it’s all about introducing good habits , such as the ones we have seen, and eliminating others that have the opposite effect in terms of well-being for our body.
In particular to get closer to healthy food , just get used to the following things.
- Reduce sugar and salt , with the respective desire.
- Don’t overdo the coffees , which we usually also use to accompany meetings throughout the day.
- Eating a balanced diet, always the best one also to stay fit and not gain weight.
- Break your appetite later in the day by snacking on yogurt, fruit and nuts . Always pleasant.
- Doing physical activity that helps you have an appetite, but eating foods that do not lead to automatic weight gain.